Follow @bretondaphne

Monday, September 30, 2019

Me & Breast Cancer

I am participating in the CIBC Run For A Cure again this year.   I have done the Run for over 18 years.  Please sponsor me.  Funds go towards research to find a cure.

Breast cancer did not only take my Mom but also

❤️ devastated my family’s  world for a second time but with the research from the funds raised at CIBC Run For A Cure the outcome is much different ❤️

-it was always the elephant in the room for 11 years.  I was in Gr 8 when she was diagnosed and when she lost her battle I had been graduated from university for 3 years
-took a Christmas spent together away.  Mom had her first surgery over the holiday.
-took a family trip to Florida away
-I turned a job down because it would have taken me away from home
-it gave me trips to the Dr's so I can go for yearly mammograms which I have been doing since I was 35
-took my children's Baba from them
-gave us years of stress and worry and lots of tears


But this doesn't even compare to the moment a woman hears that she has been diagnosed.  I can only imagine the feeling of devastation and despair.


If you wish to sponsor me please go to www.CIBCrunforthecure.com.  My page is under Robyn Smith.
I thank you for your donation.





 

No comments: